The Mistletoe and Snow Anthology is about those sweet memories of holidays past. Charming and heartwarming stories are kindled each year when friends and family come together, and like the fires that burn in hearths, these stories will chase away the season’s chill. We invite you to join us in telling the coziest stories of love and friendship.
We will be accepting the twelve best submissions for inclusion in this anthology. These stories should be upbeat and positive. They can be urban, fantasy, sci-fi, or romance, but we ask that your stories are fit for YA audiences.
Please carefully consider your submission before you send it to us. Check for simple errors. Have a beta reader comb through it. Do everything you can to make us say yes. Your sweetest stories of the holiday season are sure to warm us through the night.
1. Submissions are due on or before 11:59 a.m. PST on September 30, 2020. Please submit all stories to email@example.com with subject line JHP Mistletoe and Snow Anthology and the title of your work.
2. All submissions must be in English and double spaced with 12-pt TNR font.
3. Please submit your story as a .docx file. Your name, the work’s title, and the work’s word count must be on the front page. Please also include a 50- to 100-word author’s bio with your submission.
4. Submission lengths are 6,000 to 9,000 words. Your story must meet the minimum word count. Submissions below 6,000 words will be rejected without consideration.
5. You must own the rights to your submission. Only original works will be considered.
6. We do allow simultaneous submissions. If your work is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
7. You retain the rights to your work. However, Jazz House Publications has the right to use your name and story to market the anthology. This right is retained from the time of submission to one year from the date of publication.
8. Accepted authors will be paid $75 at the time of publication, which is expected to be Monday, November 23, 2020. All payments will be made through PayPal.
If you have questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter @JazzHousePR.